North Carolina Sea Grant’s research addresses prominent coastal issues. In many cases, we identify emerging issues and provide initial data that are used by staff and research teams to leverage larger grants from agencies such as the National Science Foundation.
We provide grants that support research on important topics to NOAA and North Carolina coastal stakeholders. In addition, we support fellowships that train our current graduate students to become next-generation marine science and coastal researchers.
- NOAA Coastal Management/Digital Coast Fellowship. Applications due Jan. 19, 2018.
- National Sea Grant/NOAA Fisheries Graduate Fellowship. Applications due Jan. 26, 2018.
- North Carolina Community Collaborative Research Grant Program. Applications due 4 p.m., Feb. 12, 2018.
- Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship. Applications due by 5 p.m., Feb. 23, 2018.
- NOAA/National Sea Grant 2018 Ocean, Coastal and Great Lakes Aquaculture Initiative. N.C. proposals due by 5 p.m. March 2, 2018.