North Carolina Sea Grant’s research addresses prominent coastal issues. In many cases, we identify emerging issues and provide initial data that are used by staff and research teams to leverage larger grants from agencies such as the National Science Foundation.
We provide grants that support research on important topics to NOAA and North Carolina coastal stakeholders. In addition, we support fellowships that train our current graduate students to become next-generation marine science and coastal researchers.
As the population of our state and the nation continues to grow and diversify, North Carolina Sea Grant’s relevance increasingly will rely on how well we embody diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 2021 National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Fisheries/National Sea Grant College Program Fellowships
- NC Sea Grant Core Research Funding 2022-2024
- 2022 Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship
- Addressing the Impacts of Multiple Stressors on Shellfish Aquaculture through Research/Industry Partnerships
- North Carolina Sea Grant/North Carolina Coastal Reserve’s Coastal Research Fellowship