North Carolina Sea Grant’s research addresses prominent coastal issues. In many cases, we identify emerging issues and provide initial data that are used by staff and research teams to leverage larger grants from agencies such as the National Science Foundation.
We provide grants that support research on important topics to NOAA and North Carolina coastal stakeholders. In addition, we support fellowships that train our current graduate students to become next-generation marine science and coastal researchers.
- NMFS/National Sea Grant Graduate Fellowship (Applications due by 5 p.m. on Jan. 30, 2020.)
- Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship (Applications due by Feb. 21, 2020.)
- NC STEM Policy Fellowship (Applications due by 8 a.m. on March 2, 2020.)
- NC Sea Grant – NC Space Grant Graduate Research Fellowship (Applications due by 5 p.m. Friday, March 20, 2020.)
- North Carolina Sea Grant Minigrants (processed on a rolling basis, as they are received)