North Carolina Sea Grant’s research addresses prominent coastal issues. In many cases, we identify emerging issues and provide initial data that are used by staff and research teams to leverage larger grants from agencies such as the National Science Foundation.
We provide grants that support research on important topics to NOAA and North Carolina coastal stakeholders. In addition, we support fellowships that train our current graduate students to become next-generation marine science and coastal researchers.
- Community Collaborative Research Grants (Applications due by 4 p.m. on Jan. 20, 2020.)
- NMFS/National Sea Grant Graduate Fellowship (Applications due by 5 p.m. on Jan. 30, 2020.)
- Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship (Applications due Feb. 21, 2020.)
- NOAA Coastal Management/Digital Coast Fellowship (Applications due 5 p.m. Jan. 17, 2020.)
- North Carolina Sea Grant Minigrants (processed on a rolling basis, as they are received)