The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s National Sea Grant Office and NOAA Fisheries offer a Joint Graduate Fellowship for doctoral students in population and ecosystem dynamics or in marine resource economics. The fellowships last for up to three years.
This opportunity is open. Applications are due to North Carolina Sea Grant by 5 p.m., Feb. 17, 2021.
Application Materials and Information
- Apply through North Carolina Sea Grant’s eSeaGrant online portal at go.ncsu.edu/ncesg. NOTE: Do not wait until the last minute to register for the portal and complete all required steps. The deadlines are firm.
- News release announcing 2021 applications.
- Highlights about the fellowship.
- Learn more about the NMFS/Sea Grant Fellowship opportunity.
- Original Federal Funding Opportunity: Fiscal Year 2021 NMFS-Sea Grant Fellowship in Population and Ecosystem Dynamics and Marine Resource Economics (NOAA-OAR-SG-2021-2006728)
- 2020 National Fisheries Fellow to Focus on Dolphinfish
- SEA SCIENCE: DOES IT REALLY START AT HOME? How North Carolina Marine Habitats Influence Black Sea Bass Growth and Maturity, by Ian Kroll, 2013-2016 fellow, in Coastwatch Holiday 2015
- New evidence that catch shares slow the “race to fish,” by Anna Birkenbach, 2016-2018 fellow, on the National Sea Grant website
Updated November 19, 2020