The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s National Sea Grant Office and NOAA Fisheries offer a Joint Graduate Fellowship for doctoral students in population and ecosystem dynamics and for doctoral students in marine resource economics. The fellowships last for up to three years.
Applications due by 5 p.m. on Jan. 30, 2020.
- Population and Ecosystem Dynamics Fellowship: NOAA-OAR-SG-2020-2006263
- Marine Resource Economics Fellowship: NOAA-OAR-SG-2020-2006261?
- News release announcing 2020 applications.
- Apply through the eSeaGrant portal, go.ncsu.edu/ncesg. NOTE: Do not wait until the last minute to register for the portal and complete all required steps. The deadlines are firm.
- Learn more about the NMFS/Sea Grant Fellowship opportunity.
- SEA SCIENCE: DOES IT REALLY START AT HOME? How North Carolina Marine Habitats Influence Black Sea Bass Growth and Maturity, by Ian Kroll, 2013-2016 fellow, in Coastwatch Holiday 2015
- New evidence that catch shares slow the “race to fish,” by Anna Birkenbach, 2016-2018 fellow, on the National Sea Grant website
Updated November 20, 2019