The NC STEM Policy Fellowship places graduate students into state government offices focusing on policy topics related to science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The 12-month, full-time fellowship also includes a competitive stipend and health care costs. Funding partners include the Burroughs Wellcome Fund and North Carolina Sea Grant.
Host offices for the 2020-21 fellows have been: N.C. Department of Environmental Quality State Energy Office and N.C. Department of Commerce Office of Science, Technology and Innovation.
Potential host offices and potential applicants should contact Sara Mirabilio, firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-475-5488, for more information.
The application period for this fellowship is open.
Application Materials and Information
- Read the news release about the 2021-22 fellowship application process for N.C. graduate students.
- Read the full 2021-22 Request for Applications.
- Read about the winners of the 2020-21 NC STEM Policy Fellowship.
- Apply through the eSeaGrant portal, go.ncsu.edu/ncesg. Be prepared to include a resume, career goal statement, letters of recommendation, and transcripts.
- NOTE: Do not wait until the last minute to register for the portal and complete all required steps. The deadlines are firm.