This fellowship is supported by North Carolina Sea Grant and the Albemarle-Pamlico National Estuary Partnership, or APNEP. The opportunity provides funding for graduate students based in North Carolina to conduct applied research within the North Carolina portion of the APNEP management area.
Fellows must conduct research that addresses focus areas identified in the North Carolina Sea Grant 2018-2021 Strategic Plan and management actions identified in the APNEP Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan. The programs strongly encourage proposals from graduate students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Serving Institutions and/or from traditionally underserved and underrepresented communities, as well as from graduate students who can demonstrate how their work and related outreach will benefit underserved and underrepresented communities.
This fellowship’s application period is closed.
- The RFP
- Attachment A Data Management Plan
- North Carolina Sea Grant 2018-2021 Strategic Plan
- APNEP Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan
- North Carolina Sea Grant’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- APNEP’s Statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion