North Carolina Sea Grant offers this fellowship program to provide graduate students the chance to spend a year working with the N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries (DMF) on a critical management topic facing important marine resources.
Co-sponsored by DMF, the Marine Fisheries Fellowship is open to graduate students nearing completion of, or who have recently completed, their advanced degree program at southeastern universities and colleges from Maryland to Texas.
Specific fellowship projects provide a professional education and training opportunity while assisting the state on substantial marine fisheries management concerns. Patterned after the Knauss Policy Fellowship, this opportunity is based in Morehead City.
Read more here. For questions, contact:
- Jeffrey Buckel, NC State University, 252-222-6341, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Duval, N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries, 252-808-8011, email@example.com
Jeffrey Buckel, NC State University, 252-222-6341, firstname.lastname@example.org
Due 5 p.m., Nov. 28, 2016
To apply, please email the following materials to Jeffrey Buckel at email@example.com:
- a personal and unofficial academic resume;
- a statement giving reasons for applying and educational/career goals, no more than two pages; and
- copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
In addition, have two professors with knowledge of the applicant’s academic performance email letters of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.