North Carolina Sea Grant offers this fellowship program to provide graduate students the chance to spend a year working with the N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries (DMF) on a critical management topic facing important marine resources.
Co-sponsored by DMF, the Marine Fisheries Fellowship is open to graduate students nearing completion of, or who have recently completed, their advanced degree program at southeastern universities and colleges from Maryland to Texas.
Specific fellowship projects provide a professional education and training opportunity while assisting the state on substantial marine fisheries management concerns. Patterned after the Knauss Policy Fellowship, this opportunity is based in Morehead City.
Meet four former fellows, all continuing research from here in North Carolina, to the continental shelf of Florida, and even the coast of Oregon.
Read more here. For questions, contact:
- Jeffrey Buckel, NC State University, 252-222-6341, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Duval, N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries, 252-808-8011, email@example.com
To apply, please email the following materials to Jeffrey Buckel at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a personal and unofficial academic resume;
- a statement giving reasons for applying and educational/career goals, no more than two pages; and
- copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
In addition, have two professors with knowledge of the applicant’s academic performance email letters of recommendation directly to email@example.com.
Read about past fellows here.