North Carolina Sea Grant offers this fellowship program to provide graduate students the chance to spend a year working with the N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries (DMF) on a critical management topic facing important marine resources.
Co-sponsored by DMF, the Marine Fisheries Fellowship is open to graduate students nearing completion of, or who have recently completed, their advanced degree program at southeastern universities and colleges from Maryland to Texas.
Specific fellowship projects provide a professional education and training opportunity while assisting the state on substantial marine fisheries management concerns. Patterned after the Knauss Policy Fellowship, this opportunity is based in Morehead City.
Meet four former fellows, all continuing research from here in North Carolina, to the continental shelf of Florida, and even the coast of Oregon.
Read more about the current fellowship opening at this link.
If you have questions, contact:
- Jeffrey Buckel, NC State University, 252-222-6341, email@example.com
- Laura Lee, N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries, 252-808-8094, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application cycle currently closed.
All applications must use the online system for NC State University, using this link: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/116933. In the application process, required attachments will include:
- a personal and unofficial academic resume;
- a statement giving reasons for applying and educational/career goals, no more than two pages;
- copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts; and
- reference letters from two professors with knowledge of the applicant’s academic performance.
Read about past fellows here.