This fellowship is supported by North Carolina Sea Grant and the N.C. Coastal Reserve and National Estuarine Research Reserve Program. It is designed to foster research within the North Carolina Coastal Reserve system. Proposed work must be conducted within the boundaries of one or more of the 10 sites in the NCCR.
This opportunity is closed.
- 2019 RFP
- Attachment A for 2019 RFP: Guidelines for Data Management Plans
- News release announcing 2018 fellow
- 2018 RFP
- Attachment A for RFP
- 2018 RFP news release
- News release announcing 2017 fellow
Read about the fellows’ research at these links.
- Seasonal Dreams and Delights, Danielle Keller (2016)
- Building North Carolina’s Resources follows up with several past fellows
- A Tale of Two Seagrasses, Danielle Keller (2016)
- Phragmites: Always a foe, or sometimes a friend?, Seth Theuerkauf (2015)
- Looking Deeper into a State Reserve, Jill Arriola (2015)
- Building a Better Reef Takes a Team, Justin Ridge (2014)
- Music in the Marsh: The Summer Soundscapes of Rachel Carson Reserve and Sounds of the Sound, Shannon Brown (2014)
- Rising Waters and Migrating Marshes: Researchers Track Changes in North Carolina’s Coastal Habitats, Margaret Garner (2013)
- Traversing Untrodden Ground, Teri O’Meara (2012)
- Estuarine Research on the Half Shell, Michelle Brodeur (2011)
- Masonboro Island: Measuring Shifting Sands, Kristen Hall (2010)