North Carolina Sea Grant’s core research projects include diverse coastal topics that typically are funded by a combination of both federal and state dollars with an emphasis on applied research initiatives. Core funding operates on a two-year cycle.
Researchers must show how their one- or two-year studies meet the identified needs of North Carolina and how that work will ultimately benefit our coast, often having an impact on a regional, national or international level. These projects require matching funds identified by the researcher and their home university.
Full proposals are due by 5 p.m. on April 29, 2019.
- 2020-2022 Preproposal Call
- 2020-2022 Full Proposal Call
- News release announcing 2020-2022 application
- Read the news release announcing 2018-2020 projects, and further details in the Coastwatch story.
- View the list of 2016-2018 core funded projects.
Updated November 28, 2018