North Carolina Sea Grant’s core research projects include diverse coastal topics that typically are funded by a combination of both federal and state dollars with an emphasis on applied research initiatives. Core funding operates on a two-year cycle.
Researchers must show how their one- or two-year studies meet the identified needs of North Carolina and how that work will ultimately benefit our coast, often having an impact on a regional, national or international level. These projects require matching funds identified by the researcher and his or her home university.
Full proposals due 5 p.m., May 8, 2017.
- Full Proposal Call
- Full Proposal Application Process
- Attachment 1 Draft 2018–2021 North Carolina Sea Grant Strategic Plan
- Attachment 2 Project Narrative
- Attachment 3 Project Time Line
- Attachment 4 North Carolina Sea Grant Staff Expertise List
- Attachment 5 North Carolina Sea Grant Omnibus Funding Cycle 2018–2020
Click here to begin your full proposal submission.
Updated March 21, 2017