North Carolina Sea Grant manages various other research programs, many of which are special projects initiated by partners, such as the National Sea Grant College Program. We work with scientists, educators, students and commercial businesses to explore our coast and find ways to enhance its natural habitat, to protect its resources and to improve the quality of life.
Search for project reports here.
- Community Collaborative Research Grant Program (open through Jan. 20, 2020)
- Karl Havens Memorial South Atlantic Regional Research on Coastal Community Resilience (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant Research Opportunity for Resource Management Needs (closed)
- National Sea Grant Highly Migratory Species Research Initiative — 2019, NOAA-OAR-SG-2019-2006046 (closed)
- Advanced Aquaculture Collaborative Programs — 2019, NOAA-OAR-SG-2019-2005963 (closed)
- Exploring New Aquaculture Opportunities – 2019, NOAA-OAR-SG-2019-2005960 (closed)
- Social, Behavioral, and Economic Research Needs in Aquaculture– 2019, NOAA-OAR-SG-2019-2005953 (closed)
- NOAA/National Sea Grant 2018 Ocean, Coastal and Great Lakes Aquaculture Initiative (closed)
- Bycatch Reduction of Marine Mammals in Mid-Atlantic Fisheries. (closed, schedule varies)
- Mid-Atlantic Sea Grant Regional Research (closed)
- North Carolina Blue Crab and Shellfish Research Program (closed, schedule varies)
- North Carolina Sea Grant/Water Resources Research Institute Joint Funding (closed, schedule varies)
- 2014 North Carolina Sea Grant Research Symposium Funding Opportunity (closed)