North Carolina Sea Grant manages various other research programs, many of which are special projects initiated by partners, such as the National Sea Grant College Program. We work with scientists, educators, students and commercial businesses to explore our coast and find ways to enhance its natural habitat, to protect its resources and to improve the quality of life.
Search for project reports here.
- Addressing the Impacts of Multiple Stressors on Shellfish Aquaculture through Research/Industry Partnerships (NOAA-OAR-SG-2021-2006704)
- South Atlantic Red Snapper Research Program “Red Snapper Count”
- Karl Havens Memorial South Atlantic Regional Research on Coastal Community Resilience (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant Research Opportunity for Resource Management Needs (closed)
- National Sea Grant Highly Migratory Species Research Initiative — 2019, NOAA-OAR-SG-2019-2006046 (closed)
- NOAA/National Sea Grant 2018 Ocean, Coastal and Great Lakes Aquaculture Initiative (closed)
- NOAA/National Sea Grant Aquaculture Research Funding Opportunities (see open opportunity above)
- Mid-Atlantic Sea Grant Regional Research (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant/Water Resources Research Institute Joint Funding (closed, schedule varies)
- 2014 North Carolina Sea Grant Research Symposium Funding Opportunity (closed)
- Community Collaborative Research Grant Program (closed)