North Carolina Sea Grant manages various other research programs, many of which are special projects initiated by partners, such as the National Sea Grant College Program. We work with scientists, educators, students and commercial businesses to explore our coast and find ways to enhance its natural habitat, to protect its resources and to improve the quality of life.
- National Sea Grant Marine Debris Challenge Competition: Letters of Intent due to NC Sea Grant by Aug. 8, 2022.
- North Carolina Sea Grant Research Opportunity for Resource Management Needs
- Coastal Resilience Team Competition (closed)
- Community Collaborative Research Grants (closed)
- Karl Havens Memorial South Atlantic Regional Research on Coastal Community Resilience (closed)
- National Sea Grant Highly Migratory Species Research Initiative — 2019, NOAA-OAR-SG-2019-2006046 (closed)
- NOAA/National Sea Grant Aquaculture Initiative (closed)
- NOAA/National Sea Grant Aquaculture Research Funding Opportunities (Check back for opportunities.)
- Mid-Atlantic Sea Grant Regional Research (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant/Water Resources Research Institute Joint Funding (closed, schedule varies)
- Translating Coastal Research into Application. (Deadline passed for 2022 required letters of intent.)
- Addressing the Impacts of Multiple Stressors on Shellfish Aquaculture through Research/Industry Partnerships (closed)
- Estimating the Abundance of Greater Amberjack in U.S. Waters in the Gulf of Mexico and South Atlantic (closed)