North Carolina Sea Grant manages various other research programs, many of which are special projects initiated by partners, such as the National Sea Grant College Program. We work with scientists, educators, students and commercial businesses to explore our coast and find ways to enhance its natural habitat, to protect its resources and to improve the quality of life.
Search for project reports here.
- NOAA/National Sea Grant Aquaculture Research Funding Opportunities: Addressing Economic and Market Needs of the U.S. Aquaculture Industry (NOAA-OAR-SG-2020-2006331) (letters of intent due by 5 p.m. Feb 26; only those who submitted letters of intent are eligible to submit full proposals to N.C. Sea Grant by 5 p.m. on July 7, so that complete packages can be confirmed for final national deadline; full proposals must be submitted by N.C. Sea Grant by 11:59 p.m. on July 14.)
- Karl Havens Memorial South Atlantic Regional Research on Coastal Community Resilience (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant Research Opportunity for Resource Management Needs (closed)
- National Sea Grant Highly Migratory Species Research Initiative — 2019, NOAA-OAR-SG-2019-2006046 (closed)
- NOAA/National Sea Grant 2018 Ocean, Coastal and Great Lakes Aquaculture Initiative (closed)
- Mid-Atlantic Sea Grant Regional Research (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant/Water Resources Research Institute Joint Funding (closed, schedule varies)
- 2014 North Carolina Sea Grant Research Symposium Funding Opportunity (closed)
- Community Collaborative Research Grant Program (closed)