At Mariner’s Menu, you’ll find kitchen-tested seafood recipes and mouth-watering photos featuring local fish and shellfish.
- Asian Curried Shrimp
- Baked Spotted Trout with Herbs
- Basil-Encrusted Triggerfish
- Crab Dip with Fresh Herbs
- Crab-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Deep-Fried Soft-Shell Crabs
- Easy Grilled Soft-Shell Crabs
- Grilled Tuna with Herb Butter
- Grilled Tuna with Lemon; Mayonnaise
- Honey-Glazed Shrimp
- Southern Fried Oysters
- Stuffed Clams
- Walnut-Encrusted Snapper
Consumer Safety, Handling and Prep
- Safely Selecting and Consuming Shellfish: FAQs
- How to Freeze Your Fresh N.C. Seafood
- Market Forms of Fresh Fish and Cleaning Methods
- Fish Flavors and Substitutions
Seafood Quality Guide
Seafood Availability Chart
Seasonal Catch Cards
North Carolina harvests three species of shrimp. Learn more about them.
Plus, tour the NC Oyster Trail for restaurants, markets, and farms that offer local shellfish.
The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services also maintains a seafood directory.