North Carolina Sea Grant hosted North Carolina’s Changing Waterfronts: Coastal Access and Traditional Uses, a one-day forum on June 5, 2006, at the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center.
The conference explored how and why waterfronts are changing, the culture and economy of our coastal region, options for communities and property owners, and innovative examples from other states.
- Changing Waterfronts: Traditional Uses and Changes, Connie Mason, Maritime Heritage
- Working Waterfronts: An Economic Development Perspective, Dave Inscoe, Director of the Carteret County Economic Development Council
- Preservation North Carolina, Myrick Howard, President of Preservation North Carolina
- Conserving Waterfronts Through Incentives: Land Trusts & Conservation Easements, Janice Allen, Director of Land Protection, NC Coastal Land Trust
- The North Carolina Clean Water Management Trust Fund, Leland Heath, Field Representative, Clean Water Management Trust Fund
- Coastal Access: Using Developer Exactions, Richard Ducker, Institute of Government, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Monroe County, Florida – Marine Management Strategic Plan, Rich Jones, Senior Marine Planner, Monroe Co. Marine Resources Department