Baked Spotted Trout with Orange Rice Stuffing
- 4 spotted trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup celery, chopped, including leaves
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ⅓ cup toasted almond slivers
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- black pepper, freshly ground
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Sauté celery and onion until tender. Add orange juice, lemon juice, zest and salt. Bring to boil. Add rice and stir well. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes, then add almonds.
Layout fillets on a work surface, skin side up. Spoon stuffing onto fillets. Roll up each fillet and place seam side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter. Lightly salt and pepper. Bake at 375° F for about 12-15 minutes or until done. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor MM2