- 24 littleneck clams, shucked and drained
- 24 1-inch pieces of bacon (about 3 slices)
- ⅔ cup green onions, thinly sliced, including tops
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
In a medium saucepan, cook bacon until lightly browned. Remove and reserve. Remove all but 4 tablespoons of bacon grease. Stir in green onion. Add pepper, thyme, lemon juice, Tabasco and 2 tablespoons of crumbs. Mix well. Remove from heat.
Place clams shells on the bed of rock salt in a sheet pan. Place each clam on a half shell. Spoon sauce evenly over clams. Sprinkle each with crumbs. Place bacon pieces on top. Bake at 475° F until browned and liquid is absorbed about 8 to 10 minutes.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor From: Mariner’s Menu: 30 Years of Fresh Seafood Ideas