Easy Fish Stew
- 1 pound spotted trout, skinless fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped, including tops
- ½ teaspoon garlic, pressed
- 1 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 32-ounces chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
In a medium pot, melt butter. Lightly sauté onion, green onions and garlic. Add tomatoes, broth, salt, pepper and parsley. Bring to a gentle boil for 15 minutes.
Add wine and fish. Lower heat and simmer until fish is done about 10 minutes.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor MM2