Easy Linguine with Clam Sauce
- 2 cups clams, cleaned and chopped, reserve juice
- clam juice plus enough water to make 1 ½ cups of liquid
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces linguine
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Arrange cooking of linguine and sauce so that both are done at the same time.
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and sauté garlic and red pepper until brown. Season with parsley and oregano. Add clams and liquid. Bring to a boiling point and simmer about 5 minutes, or until clams are tender. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle lightly with cheese.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor From: No-Salt Seafood: All the Flavor Without the Salt