Sandwiches containing fish or shellfish often provide a good way to entice children to eat seafood. For some reason, if it’s in a sandwich, children seem to like it better.
- 2 cups cooked, flaked fish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- 6 sesame seed rolls, toasted
- tartar sauce
Combine egg, cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Gently fold in flaked fish. Shape into 6 patties. Roll lightly in crumbs. Fry in hot oil, about 375° F, until brown on one side, about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and repeat on other side. Drain on paper towels. Serve in toasted buns with tartar sauce.