Golden-Brown Flounder Fillets
- 6 small flounder fillets (or other white fish)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- lemon wedges (optional)
In a small bowl, combine butter, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper and paprika. Place fillets on a greased broiler rack, skin sides down. Baste with the butter mixture. Broil about 4 inches from heat until done, about 8 to 10 minutes, basting and sprinkling with paprika after the first 5 minutes.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor From: Mariner’s Menu: 30 Years of Fresh Seafood Ideas
DID YOU KNOW?
While flounder species are predators, they are prey for larger fish as well. They will often bury themselves in the sediment and are capable of changing their color to blend in with their background.