- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup tequila (white or silver)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
For marinade, in a small bowl combine butter, tequila, lime juice, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic and Tabasco. Reserve ¼ cup marinade.
Stir shrimp into the remaining marinade and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes, stirring once.
Place the rack in the top third of the oven and preheat the broiler.
Remove shrimp from marinade. Place on greased broiler pan. Broil about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn shrimp over and brush with the remaining marinade. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes longer or until done.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor MM2