another fresh seafood idea
- 1 ½ pounds spotted trout, skinless fillets, cut into one-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, including tops, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 32-ounces chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
In large saucepan, melt butter. Lightly sauté onions, green onions, celery and carrots. Blend in flour.
Stir in broth gradually. Add thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
Slowly stir in cream. Add fish and simmer until done, about 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor