another fresh seafood idea
- 1 pound backfin crabmeat
- ½ pound cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- ½ teaspoon pressed garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Blend in horseradish, Worcestershire, Tabasco, lemon juice, onion and garlic. Add basil and thyme and mix well.
Gently stir in crabmeat, being careful not to break the meat apart.
Chill thoroughly. Serve with crackers or with assorted vegetables.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor