another fresh seafood idea
- 1 ½ pound striped bass fillets, skinless, cut into serving-size pieces
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
Prepare Black Bean Salsa and refrigerate.
Lightly salt and pepper fish.
Heat oil in a large skillet and add butter. Sauté fish until golden brown about 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and repeat, cooking until done. Serve with Black Bean Salsa.
Black Bean Salsa
- ¾ cup black beans, drained
- ¼ cup green onion, thinly sliced, including tops
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 avocado, cut into ¼-inch pieces
In a medium bowl, combine beans, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Gently mix in avocado, being careful not to mash the avocado. Cover and refrigerate.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor