Herbed Shrimp in Parchment
- 2 pounds medium or large shrimp
- vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dill weed, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon basil, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic, pressed
- 2 teaspoons green onion tops, minced
Prepare 6 or 8 pieces of parchment. Lightly oil each with vegetable oil.
Peel shrimp and devein, if desired. Combine juice, olive oil, pepper, salt, dill, sugar, cumin, basil, garlic and green onion in a wide, shallow dish. Lay shrimp flat in mixture, then turn.
Divide shrimp evenly among parchment. Close parchment. Bake at 400° F until puffy and lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes. Place on individual plates.
DID YOU KNOW?
Shrimp are crustaceans and belong to a larger group or animals called Arthropods. Their skeleton is outside of their body (exoskeleton) and must be shed periodically when the animal grows.