Pasta with Clam-Vegetable Sauce
- 1 ½ cups cooked clams, chopped and drained, with ½ cup liquid reserved
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cup green pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- 6 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ pound fusilli
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms, green pepper, onion and garlic until tender. Add clam liquor and 1 cup mozzarella. Cook, stirring constantly until cheese melts. Add clams, salt and pepper. Heat thoroughly.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Mix sauce with pasta and remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
DID YOU KNOW?
Make sure your clams are at least 1 inch thick, and check out this map from NC DEQ to view official open closed areas for shellfish.