Sautéed Striped Bass with Dill and Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 ½ pounds striped bass fillets, skinless, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- black pepper, freshly ground
Prepare the Dill and Sour Cream Sauce and refrigerate.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add butter and melt. Lightly salt and pepper fish. Dredge lightly in flour.
Sauté at 350° F until golden brown about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and repeat, cooking until done. Serve with Dill and Sour Cream Sauce.
Dill and Sour Cream Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- ½ teaspoon onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, dill, onion, chives, salt and pepper. Chill before serving. Spoon over hot fish.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor MM2