Smoked Bluefish and Gruyère Quiche
- 2 8-inch baked pie crusts (frozen)
- 1 13-ounce can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces Gruyère (or Swiss) cheese
- 8 ounces smoked bluefish pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- dash cayenne
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
To heated milk, add cheese and spices. Remove from heat slowly, add fish and onion, and gently fold in beaten eggs. Fill crusts and bake at 325° F for about 45 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
This recipe was originally published in the Spring 2017 issue in Coastwatch.