Southwest-Style Sautéed Scallops
- 1 pound sea scallops, cut into halves
- ¾ cup fresh tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 avocado, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- black pepper, freshly ground
Prepare tomato mixture just before cooking scallops.
In a large bowl, gently mix tomato, onion, lime juice, zest, parsley, salt and cayenne.
Gently mix in avocado. Set aside.
In a medium skillet, melt butter and heat. Pat scallops dry and lightly salt and pepper.
Sauté scallops until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side.
Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon.
Add scallops to the tomato-avocado mixture and stir gently. Serve immediately.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor MM2