Stuffed Soft-Shell Crabs
- 8 soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup green onions, minced, including tops
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, pressed
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- ¾ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Melt ¼ cup butter in a medium skillet and lightly sauté onions. Stir in garlic, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and combine with crumbs and Parmesan.
Place crabs in a well-greased baking dish, bottom sides down. Lift each side of top shells and fill with stuffing mix. Replace shells. Brush crabs with 3 tablespoons melted butter. Bake at 400° F until shells are reddish-brown and crabs are done, about 15 minutes.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor MM2