Triggerfish with Green Onion Butter
- 1 ½ pounds triggerfish fillets, skinless
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- black pepper, freshly ground
Prepare green onion butter and set aside.
In a skillet, heat oil. Add butter and melt. Heat to 375° F. Lightly salt and pepper fish. Dredge lightly in flour. Sauté fish, flesh sides down, until lightly golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and repeat. Serve with green onion butter.
Green Onion Butter
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons green onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
In a small bowl, combine butter, green onion, garlic, salt, pepper and parsley.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor MM2