another fresh seafood idea
- 1 pound backfin crabmeat
- 1 cup fresh cracker crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup fresh cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
In large bowl, mix 1 cup crumbs, egg, lemon juice, Worcestershire, onion, Tabasco, cayenne, mustard, parsley, ⅓ cup butter, milk, salt and pepper. Gently mix in crabmeat.
Place in lightly greased 1-quart casserole. Combine ½ cup crumbs and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Spread over top of casserole.
Bake at 375 F for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor