another fresh seafood idea
- 2 cups clams, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup clam liquor
- 1 ½ cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- fresh parsley, chopped, optional garnish
Preheat the oven to 450° F.
In a medium bowl, combine clams, liquor, crumbs, Parmesan, minced parsley, garlic, oregano, thyme, basil, wine, pepper, salt and oil.
Place clam mixture in ramekins. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Bake at 450° F until golden brown and clams are done, about 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor