Sautéed Mahi-Mahi with Lemon-Butter Sauce
- 2 pounds mahi-mahi fillets, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
Trim all dark meat from fish. Rinse fish thoroughly and gently pat dry with paper towels.
Mix flour, salt and pepper in large shallow dish. Pour milk into another. Dip fillets in milk, drain, then dip in flour mixture.
In large skillet, heat oil. Add 3 tablespoons butter and heat. Sauté fillets until golden on one side, about 6 to 8 minutes, longer if pieces are thicker. Turn and repeat on other side. Drain on paper towels.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Melt margarine in small pan. Add pepper and lemon juice and heat. Pour over fillets.