Sautéed Triggerfish with Citrus Butter
- 1 ½ pounds triggerfish fillets, skinless
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh shallots, minced
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
In a small bowl, combine ½ cup butter, lime juice, lemon juice and shallots. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
Lightly salt and pepper fish. Dredge lightly in flour.
In a large skillet, heat the canola oil to 375° F. Add 2 tablespoons butter and melt. Sauté fish, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over and repeat, cooking until done.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor MM2
DID YOU KNOW?
Triggerfish are shaped like a flattened football and have rough, sandpaper like skin. They deposit eggs in guarded nests and some species are extremely territorial.