Grouper and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Seafood is ideal for stir-frying. Use firm seafood that will hold together. Shrimp and scallops are just the right size. Cut fish into small chunks or bite-size pieces. Catfish, tuna, salmon and other firm fish cook quickly and remain tender.
- 1 pound grouper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- cooked rice (optional)
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over high heat. Lightly salt and pepper fish and cook until golden and almost done, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon. Heat remaining oil. Add cauliflower to skillet. Stir in ginger, garlic and pepper flakes. Add water and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in soy sauce and mix well. Add fish and cook until done, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve over rice, if desired.