The North Carolina Sea Grant Advisory Board consists of representatives from state agencies, industry, local government and nongovernmental stakeholders. The board members bring their expertise to bear in support of Sea Grant’s priority needs. These include identifying program research and outreach investment priorities, communicating program impacts and needs to a broad constituency, and supporting program development initiatives to continue to deliver program excellence.
Contact the advisory board here.
- Braxton Davis, Director, N.C. Division of Coastal Management
- Kenny Flowers, Assistant Secretary for Rural Economic Development, N.C. Department of Commerce
- Debbie Hamrick, Director of Specialty Crops, N.C. Farm Bureau
- Suzette Kimball, Director, U.S. Geological Survey (retired)
- Dee Lupton, Deputy Director, N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries
- Trish Murphey, Watershed Manager, Albemarle-Pamlico National Estuary Partnership
- Everette Newton (Vice Chair), Mayor, Town of Beaufort
- Michael Piehler, Director, UNC Institute for the Environment
- Philip Prete, Senior Planner, City of Wilmington (retired)
- Alan Rebar, Vice Chancellor, Research and Innovation, NC State (retired)
- Michael P. Remige, Director, Jennette’s Pier at Nags Head
- Linda Rimer, North and South Carolina Liaison, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Ann Cary Simpson (Chair), Nonprofit Consultant
Updated Dec. 11, 2019