The North Carolina Sea Grant Advisory Board consists of representatives from state agencies, industry, local government and nongovernmental stakeholders. The board members bring their expertise to bear in support of Sea Grant’s priority needs. These include identifying program research and outreach investment priorities, communicating program impacts and needs to a broad constituency, and supporting program development initiatives to continue to deliver program excellence.
Contact the advisory board here.
- Evan Ferguson, Media Coordinator, Cape Hatteras Secondary School
- Debbie Hamrick, Director of Specialty Crops, N.C. Farm Bureau
- James Hargrove, Owner, Middle Sound Mariculture
- Sharon Harker, Commissioner, Town of Beaufort
- VeQuain Joyner, Unit Director, New Bern Boys & Girls Club
- Suzette Kimball, Director, U.S. Geological Survey (retired)
- Dee Lupton, Deputy Director, N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries
- Amanda Martin, Chief Resilience Officer, State of North Carolina
- Todd Miller, Founder and Executive Director, North Carolina Coastal Federation
- Ricky Moore, Founder and Chef, Saltbox Seafood Joint
- Michael Piehler (Chair) Director, UNC Institute for the Environment
- Haley Plaas, Ph.D. Student, UNC Chapel Hill
- Alan Rebar, Vice Chancellor, Research and Innovation, NC State (retired)
Updated January 2022