Future members of North Carolina’s workforce will be faced with increasingly complex coastal issues. North Carolina Sea Grant helps to develop a cadre of educated, innovative and technologically advanced professionals through a variety of fellowships for talented graduate students.
We strongly encourage proposals from graduate students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Serving Institutions and/or from traditionally underserved and underrepresented communities, as well as from graduate students who can demonstrate how their work and related outreach will benefit underserved and underrepresented communities.
The opportunities below include fellowships in management, policy and scientific research that affect the state’s and the nation’s ecosystems and communities.
North Carolina Sea Grant/Albemarle-Pamlico National Estuary Partnership Fellowship is open for applications until October 30, 2023 at 5 p.m.
Mountains to Sea Graduate Research Fellowship is open for applications until November 17, 2023 at 5 p.m.
More Opportunities (Times TBD)
- The Hook, Line & Science Communication Fellowship (closed)
- John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship (closed)
- NC STEM Policy Post-Graduate Fellowship (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant/North Carolina Sentinel Site Cooperative Joint Fellowship (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant/DMF Marine Fisheries Fellowship (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant – Water Resources Research Institute Graduate Student Research Funding Opportunity (closed)
- North Carolina Coastal Research Fellowship (closed)
- South Atlantic Reef Fish Extension/Communication Fellowship (closed)
- NC Sea Grant/NC Space Grant Graduate Research Fellowship (closed)
- Coastal Resilience Team Competition (closed)
- NC Sea Grant – NC Space Grant Ghost Forest Research Funding for Graduate Students (closed)