Future members of North Carolina’s workforce will be faced with increasingly complex coastal issues. North Carolina Sea Grant helps to develop a cadre of educated, innovative and technologically advanced professionals through a variety of fellowships for talented graduate students.
These opportunities include fellowships in management, policy and scientific research that affect the state’s and the nation’s ecosystems and communities.
- N.C. Coastal Research Fellowship Proposals due Nov. 13, 2019.
- Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship Applications due Feb. 21, 2020
- North Carolina Sea Grant/Albemarle-Pamlico National Estuary Partnership Fellowship (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant/North Carolina Sentinel Site Cooperative Joint Fellowship (closed)
- NMFS/National Sea Grant Graduate Fellowship (closed)
- NOAA Coastal Management Fellowship (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant/DMF Marine Fisheries Fellowship (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant – Water Resources Research Institute Graduate Student Research Funding Opportunity (closed)
- North Carolina Sea Grant/North Carolina Coastal Reserve’s Coastal Research Fellowship (closed)
Where Are They Now?
From coast to coast, past Sea Grant graduate students make a difference. Learn more about these leaders and where they are now by exploring our graduate student map.